Into Orbit Season!
(Click here for FIRST LEGO League Jr)
FIRST LEGO League Resources: 2017 – 2018 Season
- Sample FLL Budget
- Sample Student Contract
- Create a FIRST Account
- Consent and Release form
- Table building instructions
- Download all Challenge-related files – Save time. Use this link!
- Coaches’ Handbook – New this season? Here is a guide of what to expect.
- FIRST Steps – Also recommended for new coaches, these online modules will help you plan activities for your meetings. Request access here.
- Into Orbit Challenge
- Into Orbit Challenge Guide
- Into Orbit Challenge Updates
- Into Orbit Mission Model Building Instructions – What’s your favorite model?
- Into Orbit Field Setup Guide – Keep in mind the difference between models and missions
- Into Orbit Field Overview Photo
- Judging Rubrics!
- Order missing parts
- Get ready for your tournament!
- Can find it here? Visit one of these links:
Robotics Coach Academy Resources
- 080416 New Coach Training
- Join the Schoology FIRST Steps course! – New!
https://app.schoology.com/login (Log in to your Schoology account. Click “Courses” dropdown at top of screen and click “Join”. Then enter access code J5MMV-WZ8D3 or request an invitation from email@example.com.)
- Programming Challenge Guideline – Engineering Design Process
- Use this only if your team would like to win!
- Sample Space Challenge badge charts (Skills, Challenges)
- Revise these for your teams own Skills Learning or Challenge Missions
- Space Challenge summer camp mat map: Use this to “Design” your solution
- Decision-Making Chart sample: Use Ranking (low) or Scoring (high) to logically compare options
- Space Challenge Activity Kit:
- Space Challenge Videos!
- Mars Exploration Lesson (Lesson-pdf) (Answer key-pdf) – Thanks Plew Elementary!
You Tube Videos
(Email your suggestions to add: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- FLL Global Channel
- 2018 – 2019 Into Orbit
- Into Orbit Teaser
- Into Orbit Overview – Coming soon!
- 2016 – 2017 Animal Allies
- 2015 – 2016 Trash Trek
- Motor Usage Tutorial – Thanks Carson!
- Tutorial Channels
Other Cool Stuff!
- Stronghold – Made of LEGOs – What? – Sign up to vote this into reality.
- Ted Talk: From mach-20 glider to hummingbird drone
The Doolittle Institute volunteers the time of our STEM Education Outreach team to assist the Tournament Directors in our region. We also sponsor workshops in: Skills Training, Mission Design, and Tournament Preparation training at no cost to FIRST LEGO League coaches in the Florida – Northwest Region. Visit our events page or contact Lauren Bierman (Lbierman@doolittleinstitute.org) to find out more!