We anticipate a significant increase in the number of registered teams this year due to a large number of inquiries, workshop attendance and increased interest from teachers in Santa Rosa and Bay Counties. We hope to add at least one more QT! Be ready for the Hydro Dynamics Challenge release on August 29th!
What can you and your team do until then? Any one or all of these suggestions:
- EV3 Skills training (https://fllnwf.org/skills-training/)
- FIRST STEPS training – See link under New Coach Resources heading at https://fllnwf.org/team-resources
- Get ready for the HydroDynamics Project. Research how we find, transport, use, or dispose of water.
- Download the free EV3 LEGO Education software at home, and go through the Robot Educator training tutorials: https://education.lego.com/en-us/downloads
- Get together with your team at a fun place for a Core Values activity.
- Watch YouTube videos from FIRST LEGO League Championships and World Festival.
- Join our regional Faceb00k page and watch the 11 tutorial videos focusing on Mechanization. In Faceb00k, search for “first lego league – nw florida region coaches” to request an invitation.
2017 – 2018 Calendar
- May 11 – FIRST Team Registration now open for:
- June 27 – 29 – Robotics Coach Academy
- Registration Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Coach_Academy
- August 1 – Challenge Kits Ship
- August 29 – Hydro Dynamics Challenge Release!!!
- September 11-15 – Virtual Kickoff
- September 23 – Davidson Middle School Open Practice.
- October 7-8 – ROBOTICON – Tampa
- October 21 –Davidson Middle School Pre Qualifier
- December 9 – Shoal River Middle School Qualifying Tournament
- January 20– Covenant Christian Qualifying Tournament
- January 20– Sabal Palm Qualifying Tournament
- January 27 – Davidson Middle School Qualifying Tournament
- March 3 – Regional Championship, Gulf Coast State College
- TBA – State Tournament
- TBA – World Festival Houston