Into Orbit Season!
We anticipate a significant increase in the number of registered teams this year due to a large number of inquiries, workshop attendance and increased interest from teachers in Santa Rosa and Bay Counties. We hope to add at least one more QT! Be ready for the Into Orbit Challenge release on August 29th!
What can you and your team do until then? Any one or all of these suggestions:
- EV3 Skills training (https://fllnwf.org/skills-training/)
- FIRST STEPS training – See link under New Coach Resources heading at https://fllnwf.org/team-resources
- Get ready for the Into Orbit Project. Research how we find, transport, use, or dispose of water.
- Download the free EV3 LEGO Education software at home, and go through the Robot Educator training tutorials: https://education.lego.com/en-us/downloads
- Get together with your team at a fun place for a Core Values activity.
- Watch YouTube videos from FIRST LEGO League Championships and World Festival.
- Join our regional Faceb00k page and watch the 11 tutorial videos focusing on Mechanization. In Faceb00k, search for “first lego league – nw florida region coaches” to request an invitation.
2018 – 2019 Calendar
August 1 – Challenge Release & Coach Training Day at Doolittle Institute
September 8 – Kennedy Space Center Season Launch (an event for all levels of FIRST, although the major focus is meeting project experts for FLL teams)
September 22 – Open Practice – Tallahassee (TLRC)
September 22 – Open Practice – Crestview (DMS)
October 20 – Pre-Qualifier – Shoal River (SRMS)
October 27 – Pre-Qualifier – Tallahassee (TLRC)
November 17 – Pre-Qualifier – Crestview (DMS)
December 8 – Qualifier Tournament – Shoal River (SRMS)
December 15 – Qualifier Tournament – Mary Esther (MEES)
January 12 – Qualifier Tournament – Tallahassee (TLRC)
January 26 – Qualifier Tournament – Crestview (DMS)